That time is an abstract, be it with two distinct core meanings, does have consequences for some of the assumptions and (mis)understanding that people attribute to Time. Like:-
- Is Time a force, doesn’t it cause ageing?
- Well, even if it doesn’t cause ageing, it allows ageing…without time what do we age into?
- And what about the direction of time – the arrow of time? Entropy or the third law of thermodynamics, don’t they have a say in what Time is?
- Oh, and then there’s Time dilation; you can’t ignore Time dilation, my sat nav proves it….
- And its universality; there is only one time across the whole universe right?